FRENCH TENNIS FEDERATION LAUNCHES NEW TICKETING WEBSITE DESIGNED BY G2 STRATEGIC
WWW.TENNIS-BILLET.FR SETS A NEW STANDARD FOR ON-LINE, INTERACTIVE TICKET SELLING
Bend, OR—September 11, 2007—G2 Strategic announced today that the French Tennis Federation (FFT) has launched a new website, www.tennis-billet.fr, which was designed by G2’s principal, Marshall Glickman, to stimulate new ticket sales for the BNP Paribas Masters, one of nine ATP Master’s Series events worldwide.
“This new website is all about interaction,” said G2 Stategic CEO Marshall Glickman. “The more the customer navigates, the more we know about their tendencies and, as a result, the more we can trigger offers that are tailored to each prospective customer. Once we add new interactive features next year, I think the FFT’s new site will set the standard for tennis and the sale of other big event tickets.”
“The FFT is very proud to be taking a leadership position within the tennis family by launching a website that is very different from the norm” said the Frédéric Longuépée, the FFT’s Director of Finance and Administration. “Before, most on-line sales have been just electronic order forms for customers who already decided to buy tickets. With our new site, we are able to introduce people to an entire menu of ticket products.”
Glickman added, “The FFT’s new ticket sales website is colorful, easy to navigate and content-rich. We start with French tennis star Gaël Monfils asking the customer to consider several new ticket packages that are specifically designed for certain categories, such as business, families and groups. This serves as a filter, so we are able to offer ticket products that are specifically designed for certain groups of prospective customers.”
The new website features several innovations:
- During the checkout process, Monfils re-appears to urge all customers to consider a special offer to upgrade by adding tickets to the Family Sunday Final.
- In an effort to obtain e-mail data, all customers that give the FFT permission to contact them with subsequent offers do not have to pay a handling fee, receive a free FFT e-newsletter and are guaranteed the data will not be provided to any third party.
- In an effort to learn even more about their customers, the FFT is sending a special electronic birthday card to any children whose parents provide their contact information.
- Next year, a range of new features will be added, including on-line ticket forwarding and several new customer services.
- All data uploads to a new CRM system that is then able to electronically generate subsequent offers and communications with customers, as well as track each customer’s transactional history.
- Among many innovative features, the website automatically triggers an offer for single-session customers to upgrade to a 3-session mini-plan.
For more information contact:
Director, Finance & Administration
French Tennis Federation
+33 1 47 43 51 64
About G2 Strategic
G2 Strategic, LLC provides global sports business solutions, addressing a broad range of issues and opportunities faced by the sports and entertainment industries. G2 stands for “Glickman Global,” as an acronym of its founder and CEO, Marshall Glickman and the firm’s focus on an international client base.
G2 Strategic was launched in June, 2004 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts. Mr. Glickman is the former president of the NBA Portland Trail Blazers and Oregon Arena Corporation, where he quarterbacked the $262 million Rose Quarter complex. He also has served as Chairman and CEO of Portland Family Entertainment, a firm he founded to undergo a $38 million renovation to a historic outdoor stadium, which was transformed to a modern, multi-purpose outdoor venue while maintaining its old school charm.
Since 1995, Glickman has served as a consultant to a range of clients, including architects (Ellerbe Becket, NBBJ), sports franchises (Indiana Pacers, Miami Heat, Toronto Raptors), construction companies (Clark Construction Group), private equity groups (GSO Capital Partners), developers (Bechtel), federations (Tennis Canada) and leagues (Euroleague Basketball.)
Since the launch of G2 Strategic in August, 2004, Glickman has focused on formulating business development strategies for an expanding client base, which includes several European sports organizations – Euroleague (which is the top pan-European basketball league), the French Tennis Federation, Groupe Gones & Sports, CSKA Moscow (the Red Army team of Russia), the Association of Tennis Professionals, the ARAG World Team Championship (Dusseldorf, Germany) and the Masters Series Hamburg.
In addition, G2 Strategic is a part of the Sports Alliance, with RTKL Architects and Blackman Cunningham, which is seeking to oversee the development of venues that are part of urban regeneration projects in several domestic and international markets.